1. Owning a firearm isn't mandatory, students can be provided with one for qualifications.
STUDENTS MAY BRING A FIREARM TO DAY 2 OF CLASS ONLY -
- NO magnum calibers allowed. NO derringers, NO firearms without trigger guard, NO lasers, NO altered or full auto fireamrs,or any firearm considered unsafe by instructors. (Each firearm will be inspected prior to shooting)
- Firearm must be cased and unloaded.
- If shooting a semi-auto, you will need 2-3 magazines.
-Each student will need 50 to 100 rounds of ammunition (NOT included in class price). 70 rounds for practice and 30 rounds for qualifying.Please no hollow points. Ammo can be purchased at the gun range.
-Students may rent a firearm for $10 for range qualifications depending on availability.
- Usually there isn't a range fee, however a $10 to $15 fee may be applicable for range qualifications.
-Hearing and eye protection is mandatory. If you do not have your own, students can rent protection from the range.
- (NOT MANDATORY) Please bring the holster that you will be using to conceal your firearm to the class. You can bring any type of holster, including purse holster, concealment vest with built in holster, in waistband holster, shoulder holster, ankle holster, in pocket holster, etc.
-(NOT MANDATORY) Bring valid FOID Card (FOID card isn't neccessary to attend the 16 hours class.
- In order to receive previous classroom credit, you must provide successful completion of prior training course. Check the isp.state.il.us/firearm website to see the list of credited classes.
*Please be advised: These are Illinois State Emergency rules. There is no guarantee that the current credited classes will be accepted as a credit on January 5th. They are subject to change. You may consider taking the entire 16 hour class.
Please note the following:
- Unsafe actions will be cause for immediate disqualification from class. NO Refunds.
- Ammunition is strictly prohibited from the classroom and will cause for immediate disqualification from class. NO Refunds.
- Must pass shooting qualification with 70% or above. If you do not pass, tutoring can be scheduled at the end of the course.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Dress code-
NO high heel shoes, boots, or wedges. NO open-toed shoes. NO low cut shirts. Baseball Cap is suggested, but not required.
- NOTE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, YOU MAY ATTEND THE FIRST EIGHT HOURS, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO SHOOT ON THE RANGE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Cancellation Policy-
Must give 5 days notice to cancel for full refund. A $25 dollar cancellation fee will be applied, NO EXCEPTIONS.